lw789

ing a tendon in the back of his ankle severed in

Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:24 am

The Cowboys dont lose on the road, where the Bengals and Colts arent slouches, either.The Patriots, Broncos, Packers and Cardinals dont lose at home.For most of the other playoff contenders, well, its who knows?Some teams really could use staying at home beyond the holidays — and deep into January.Certainly Green Bay showed on Sunday in its defeat at Buffalo just how much different it performs on the road as opposed to the comfortable confines of Lambeau Field.Dallas, on the other hand, is 7-0 away from Jerrys Place. Come the post-season, the Cowboys might prefer to be anywhere but at home.Maybe even come this week: Dallas is just 3-4 as a host, and the Colts are 4-2 on the road.Dallas coach Jason Garrett believes finding ways to prosper away from home is a learned trait.Weve played these guys before, he said after Sundays 38-27 victory at Philadelphia put the Cowboys in position to win the NFC East. We played a really good game against them up here last year. We played a really close game at the end of the season last year and you try to learn from all those experiences, and you just move forward. I thought our guys did a good job responding.The Cowboys have responded well on the road in two tough locales: at Philly and, most notably, at Seattle. They arent likely to fear heading anywhere in January.I think sometimes you find out a lot about your team and your guys just in situations like that. You know, Seattle — they came back, theyre on the road. They get in a position that its hooting and hollering, the place is going crazy, Tony Romo said of his Dallas teammates. You just put your head down and you go execute. Youve got to make some plays. Obviously a couple guys have to set up and do some things that allow you to do that.You just dont let the whole environment and the whole thing and the way its going affect you. You treat it as if its a tie game and you go out and play.Some teams while at home do more than play. They intimidate. That sure comes in handy in the playoffs, especially against opponents that have not been through such a wringer.New England might be the prime example. The Patriots (7-0 at Foxborough this season) are 18-7 in the post-season since 2001, with three NFL championships and two losing trips to the Super Bowl. At home, they are 12-3, with two of the defeats to Baltimore — a team led by Ray Lewis and accustomed to doing the intimidating.With the exception of 2010, when the Jets somehow won at Gillette Stadium, the Patriots have handled less-experienced opposition with relative ease.That bodes well for them this winter, particularly because the other three AFC division leaders all have fallen to New England, the Bengals and Broncos getting routed at Foxborough.But also bear in mind that after winning their first eight post-season home games with Tom Brady at quarterback, the Patriots are 4-3.One of the teams the Patriots fell to on the road, the Packers, have looked fragile away from Lambeau, particularly lately in ugly losses at New Orleans and Buffalo, and a tight victory at Minnesota.The flop against the Bills could be especially costly because now Green Bay isnt even in first place in the NFC North; Detroit has the tiebreaker by virtue of — what else — a home win over the Packers.Perhaps that makes Green Bays need to win at Tampa next week, then against the visiting Lions even more critical for its post-season chances of success.Aaron Rodgers recognizes that.This is an important time for us to see what kind of chemistry we have on our team, he said. If adversity like this tears us apart or if we can stick together.If we can stick together, we have a great list of guys, and the opportunity to do something special. But if we let this tear us apart its going to be something that sticks with us for too long.One fact that might comfort teams that cant grab home-field advantage for the post-season: only three times since 1993 have both top seeds made it to the Super Bowl.But one foreboding fact to add: it happened last year.___AP Sports Writer John Wawrow in Buffalo, New York, contributed.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Chargers Jerseys . Yet coming off consecutive series losses at St. Louis and Pittsburgh, Los Angeles needed some sort of spark as August approaches. The Dodgers found it in the ballpark of their biggest rival, and left the Bay Area in first place following an emphatic three-game swing. Wholesale Chargers Jerseys . The Reds will host the Los Angeles Dodgers tonight in the opener of a four-game series at Great American Ball Park, and the debut matchup will feature a pair of pitchers whose recent resumes have included a fair number of bases-clearing hits. http://www.cheapchargersjerseyselite.co ... nes-jersey. Goins is the early favourite to win the starting job at second base. Pillar is an outsider to secure a role off the bench, which becomes an even more difficult spot to win if the number of back up jobs is reduced by one. That happens if the Blue Jays decide to start the season with an eight man bullpen. Cheap Chargers Jerseys Authentic .com) - Demario Richard posted four touchdowns and Kweishi Brown came up with a key late interception as No. Cheap Scott Quessenberry Jersey . Theres little time for rest, too. The Flyers and Rangers play again Wednesday night at Madison Square Garden. Simmonds scored in the first period and twice more in the second for his first career post-season hat trick. Mason survived a busy first period and stopping 31 straight shots until Carl Hagelin scored late in the third.TORONTO -- Tyler Bozak isnt yet on the cusp of returning. But when hes eligible to come off long-term injured reserve Dec. 29, the Toronto Maple Leafs centre figures his torn oblique will be healed up enough to get back into the lineup. "Its still getting better every day. It feels pretty good now," Bozak said Thursday. "If theres a problem, maybe, but right now it looks like Ill be back right when IR ends." Bozak has been out since Dec. 5 and missed Torontos home game Thursday night against Phoenix. And with the Leafs having placed him on the long-term list, Bozak must also miss upcoming games against Detroit, the New York Rangers and Buffalo before being free to return against Carolina three days before the Winter Classic. The 27-year-old skated with teammates Thursday at the Air Canada Centre but hes obviously on his own track while the Leafs seek to reverse their fortunes. After missing 12 games earlier this year with a hamstring injury, Bozak is dealing with another difficult problem with his oblique. "Kind of like the same thing last year but a lot worse this year," he said. "I dont know what it is, to be honest. "I kind of stressed it a lot on faceoffs. I think it mightve happened on that. I think its just pretty unlucky and nothing you can get too down on yourself about." Bozaks injury came with the Leafs already missing centre Dave Bolland, who still hasnt resumed skating after haviing a tendon in the back of his ankle severed in late October.dddddddddddd The latest injury down the middle came Tuesday night against the Florida Panthers when impressive journeyman callup Trevor Smith broke a bone in his right hand blocking a shot. "I dont know whats going on with us," Bozak said of Torontos injury woes. "I think its all been pretty unfortunate stuff with Smitty and Bolly, things that you never want to see happen and they cant really control by any means." Bozak cant control much right now other than his rehab. Being forced to watch the Leafs go 3-5-0 without him certainly hasnt helped matters. "Its not fun to watch, its never fun to watch," Bozak said. "Its not fun to watch if youre winning or if youre losing. "Obviously you want to be out there helping the guys and stuff like that." Bozak is used to being able to help, typically as the No. 1 centre alongside roommate and friend Phil Kessel, who had two goals in the eight games prior to Thursdays contest with Phoenix. Bozak hasnt had any season like this before and is trying to stay positive. "Ive not really been injured at all, knock on wood, except for college I had surgery on my one knee the one year," he said. "My first years here I missed a handful of games each year, but nothing too serious. "Obviously its been tough, but I hope I can come back stronger and help the team." Cheap Chargers Jerseys Cheap Rams Jersey Cheap Dolphins Jerseys Cheap Vikings Jerseys Cheap Patriots Jersey Cheap Saints Jerseys Cheap New York Giants Jerseys Cheap Jets Jerseys Cheap Raiders Jerseys Cheap Eagles Jerseys Cheap Steelers Jerseys Cheap 49ers Jerseys Cheap Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Titans Jerseys Cheap Redskins Jerseys ' ' '

Return to “Hybrid / Electric - Forum”